- 12 oz spinach (3/4 lb)
- 8 oz romaine lettuce (1/2 lb)
- 1/3 cup carrots (strips/slices)
- 1 cup red peppers (chopped)
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Cut carrots into strips or slices and chop red peppers. Drain mandarin oranges. Toss all salad ingredients in a bowl. Whisk all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Serve 2 tablespoons dressing per salad.
*Note: This recipe was designed to be made with kale in the winter. Try out seasonal ingredients available at the farmers market.