Local Tomato & Watermelon Gazpacho

tracy2014 Season

Ingredients

  • 2# Tomatoes, peeled, seeded & diced
  • 1 each Red Pepper, seeded & diced
  • 1 each Cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
  • 4 each Scallion, Sliced
  • 2 each Shallot, small diced
  • 1# Seedless Watermelon, medium diced
  • 2 TBL Cilantro Leaves
  • 2TBL Sherry Vinegar
  • 1/3cup Olive Oil (EVOO)
  • To taste Kosher Salt/Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Preparation

Place medium pot of salted water on stove, bring to boil. Remove core from tomatoes, score a small “x” on the bottom of tomato. Drop tomatoes into boiling water for 15 seconds, then transfer immediately to an ice bath. Using a paring knife, remove the skin from the tomatoes. Cut tomatoes in half horizontally and squeeze to remove the seeds. Large dice the tomato meat.Combine 80% of the tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, scallions, shallots and watermelon in the blender. Add Vinegar, EVOO, Cilantro, S&P and purée till smooth. Add the remaining 20% of ingredients for garnish.

Serve chilled and drizzled with EVOO and a spoonful of Grilled Corn Relish


Print pagePDF pageEmail page