- 2 pounds red beets, washed, peeled and cut into 1/4″ slices
- 1 pound Turnip, washed peeled and cut into 1/4″ slices
- 4 cloves garlic, stem end removed, washed and smashed
- .5 pound spicy radishes, washed, peeled and cut into 1/4″ slices
- 2000 mL spring water
- 40 g sea salt (no additives like yellow prussiate of soda)
Place vegetables in a clean fermenting crock. Place stone weights over vegetables to keep submerged. Pour brine over the vegetables until about 1 inch over the stone weight. Place the lid on the crock and add water to the trough to form an air-lock. Allow to ferment at room temperature for about 5-10 days.
The more time, the more sour.
Remove vegetables and strain the brine. Reserve both.
Puree the vegetables in a Heavy-duty blender adding enough of the brine to reach desired consistency
Heat until just warmed to preserve all the beneficial bacteria, or enjoy raw for maximum nutritional value.